Why you should love your Ed. Cal
Don't know what an Ed.Cal is?
Read this: Editorial Calendar
There are two components to effective content marketing and you have to do both:
1/ Taking care of the basics
- Making sure your website looks good & reflects your business goals
- Learning how to write for the web
- Developing the habit of actually marketing your business every week
- Creating KPIs and developing the habit of looking at them every week
2/ Getting customers
Yes there is a direct relationship between how much content you publish and how much traffic comes to your website, but depending on pure organic growth can take years.
The fastest way to grow your traffic and therefore your clients and customers, is to get your brand – your name – your presence – in front of someone else’s traffic.
There are lots of ways to do this.
The Ed.Cal – it’s a thing of beauty
The editorial calendar is the document that controls how you execute all the above:
- It makes you think of the future and plan for it
- It maps out your writing schedule and cures writer’s block
- It helps you to promote the right product to the right customer
- It co-ordinates your different marketing activities
- It helps you develop relationships with other websites and businesses
If you’ve fallen out of love with your Ed. Cal, or if you never had one in the first place (god forbid!) then reply to this email and book a session.
Hat tip to @HollyTHawkins for the title!