Something Of Value | Digital Product Launch Pt. 4
Here’s what we know to be true about Grief:
- There are close to 100 million monthly searches that include the word Grief
- That figure is up around 20% on 5 years ago.
- There are thousands of articles about Grief that dominate search
- There are thousands of organizations that exist to help people that are pretty much invisible
- There is a huge amount of misinformation about Grief
What Do People Who Are Searching For Help With Grief Need?
While articles on grief are informative, they don’t lead to the organizations that offer the type of connection that most grieving people are looking for.
What would be ideal is a website that listed all reputable and current grief organizations, that was easy to search and had a professional and easy to understand delivery of information.
It Would Need To Be #1 In Search
In order to be useful, the website would have to be clearly visible, it would need to be at the top or close to the top in search engine results for grief.
For that to happen it would need to have several hundred links back to it from reputable medium and high ranking domains.
This Is What We’re Going To Do
- Buy griefdirectory.org
- Set-up basic branding and style guide
- Build out the first few hundred entries
- Connect with organizations through social media
- Implement outreach strategy to generate inbound links
The plan is that at some point we will reach a tipping point where organizations will start adding themselves, but - we have to demonstrate value first.
We need to fix the onsite search but you can check our current progress by visiting griefdirectory.org. Feedback is much appreciated.
Next Week: The Final Outreach Strategy